St. John Central High School Mission Statement
St. John Central High School educates the whole person, in partnership with our students’ families. We are dedicated to facilitating the work of God’s grace in the integration of the spiritual, intellectual, physical, cultural, and social lives of each student. We are faithful to the teachings of the Roman Catholic Church, and strive to produce mature men and women who will serve God and others in a spirit of charity and respect.
History of St. John Central High School
The history of St. John Central High School is relatively brief when compared to the history of Catholic education in Belmont County, from which the current school is a direct result. The Central school district did not come into being until shortly after World War II, and was a natural extension of the parish which formerly supported St. John Central High School. This support extended much further than our school itself.
St. John Central Grade School Mission Statement
Inspired by Christ and rooted in our Catholic faith, St. John Central Grade School encourages each child to reach his or her full intellectual, spiritual, creative, and physical potential. In partnership with parents as the child’s first teachers, the school fosters responsibility to self and service to others as students develop into contributing stewards of the 21st Century.
History of St. John Central Grade School
St. John Central Grade School was founded in 1858, and is one of the oldest schools in the Ohio Valley. The school is supported by four parishes: St. John, Bellaire; St. John Vianney, Powhatan Point; St. Mary, Shadyside; and Sacred Heart, Neffs. Students from other parishes and non-Catholic students are also enrolled.